Every storm season, we continue to hear how there hasn’t been a storm this big in the past 100 years. Isn’t it time to start protecting what’s important to you? You can do that with Flood Insurance from Selective.
- Floods are the #1 natural disaster in the United States.
- All 50 states have experienced flooding, including flash flooding, in the past five years.
- Scientists have found that the amount of rain produced by heavy rainstorms has gone up 10% since 1900.
- Extreme rainfall events are trending upward, nine of the top ten years for extreme one-day precipitation events have happened since 1990.
- Floods can happen anywhere, not just in the high-risk flood zones. Historically, properties in low-risk flood areas account for more than 20% of the recorded flood losses.
- Most homeowners, renters and business property insurance policies do not cover damage caused by flooding.