In essence, no matter what type of business you are running, it is advisable to consider using Facebook as a marketing tool. Facebook allows businesses to identify specific audiences based on numerous demographic data points. Relevant ads are placed directly into the feeds of users based on their individual information. This means you can target your message to an audience with a greater likelihood of them being receptive to your products and services. When it comes to marketing effectiveness and value, relevance is everything.
Facebook Ads have become increasingly popular. The website provides the following guidance on how to succeed with Facebook Ads:
- Incorporate high-definition media, such as video, into Facebook Ads. Remember to put your most compelling content at the top of the ad, as viewers need to be drawn in with only a glance.
- When trying to promote deals, discounts and events, leverage the Facebook Offers feature - a service that places your ads into a targeted, word-of-mouth marketing program on the site.
- Make sure your posted Facebook Ad contains a clear call to action.
These best practices can help your business get the most out of the greater Facebook platform:
- Inbound marketing software provider Hubspot notes publishing ads between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. Eastern Time generates 88 percent more interactions than the average across all times of the day.
- Video is particularly effective in Facebook advertising, garnering on average 89.5 shares per video.
- Ad Espresso, a Facebook advertising management provider, found the most effective Facebook ad headlines were five words long. Keep your ad headlines short to keep engagement high.
- Facebook has an Audience Insights tool that provides data to help promote your campaigns to the right audiences.
In order to maximize visibility and recognition, businesses of all sizes - especially those that target their local communities – could benefit greatly by implementing a Facebook marketing strategy.